Removal of foreign body

Small hard foreign body in the outer part of ear canal can be removed with a fine hook. This should be attempted by an experienced doctor under direct vision. If the doctor is not skilled, foreign body can get impacted further.


It is therefore wiser to refer the patient directly to an ENT surgeon who has the skill and correct instruments for extraction of the object.